Completion of the Icon Project
In early 2018, we kicked-off of the remainder of Phase V of our iconography project. Our master iconographer Dmitri Shkolnik has now completed the project.
A little history:
- Phase I began 20 years ago with the Deisis icons in the High Place on the eastern wall.
- Phase II, the iconostasis, was completed in 2001, followed by phase III, the medallions on the northwest and southwest windows.
- Phase IV was the Pantocrator under the dome.
- Phase V focuses on the major events in God’s saving plan for us–beginning with the fulfillment: the beautiful icon of the Dormition of the Mother of God on the western wall completed several years ago. There are twelve total icons created in Phase V.
Phase V included the following icons:
- Entrance into the Temple
- Nativity of Theotokos
- Entrance into Jerusalem
- Annunciation Angel Gabriel
- Annunciation Virgin Mary
- Meeting of the Lord
- Transfiguration Icon